See more project entires by checking out:
Meet the Fall into Christmas 2016 Contestants - PART 1 (Names A-C)!
Meet the Fall into Christmas 2016 Contestants - PART 2 (Names D-K)!
Meet the Fall into Christmas 2016 Contestants - PART 4 (Names P-W)!
Additionally, select contestants (depends on their country) will be in the running to win crochet stitch markers and / or an amazing $50 - yarn pack from Red Heart.
You can help them win by casting 5 votes in each category DAILY from December 5th - 19th, 2016. So, check back each day of the voting to cast your votes again!
Let's Meet The 2016 Contestants with L-N Names!
TREASURED - means the contestant used one of Rebeckah's Treasures' crochet patterns.
INSPIRED - means the contestant used a crochet pattern for her project entry.
UNIQUE - means contestant used her imagination or drastically modified a pattern for her entry.
TOY, STYLE and REST refer to the voting category, where the entry belongs.
"Italic text" - means I am quoting the contestant's words.
Are you ready to see these marvelous entries?
Scroll through post to see a specific contestant (*Contestants are listed alphabetically):
- Lindsay Shatto
- Lisa Adrian
- Lisa Hudson
- Lisa Moss (LiMo Crafts)
- Lora Streeter
- Louise Jones
- Luci M.
- Lydia Sylvester (Ami by Pots)
- Lynette Joe
- MarieKay Read
- Marjan Hoebeke-Pfaff (Atelier Marie-Lucienne)
- Marji Franklin
- Martha Avans
- Martha M. Grubb
- Mary Wright
- Melanie Titus
- Melinda Manley
- Mkay Weber
- Mona Rae Hill
- Nell Smith
- Santa Baby - "Inspired by my nephew, and he's so cute!" She used three crochet patterns. One by RED HEART (prize sponsor) see Baby Santa Hat (minus the beard). For other patterns used, see Overalls & Bobble Beard.
- Isobel - "For my Mother-in-law, who enjoys Downton Abbey." It is a crochet pattern by the Downton Abbey Yarn Collection Design Team.
- Winter Blizzard - "Just fell in love with it when I saw it... Eye candy!" It is a crochet pattern by The Crochet Crowd.
Lindsay is a self-taught crocheter and has been crocheting a little over 2 years, starting at age 30.
When asked why she loves crochet, she had this to say, "Creativity! Endless possibilities and beautiful things to make."
Vote for Lindsay's entries - VOTE REST and VOTE STYLE!
- Lisa's Wisteria - "I made this sweater for myself-- the first sweater that I ever crocheted!" It is a crochet pattern by Melody's Makings.
- Darth Vader/ Storm Trooper - "This is the biggest graphgan that I have attempted, Made for my oldest son who loves Star Wars." Ask Cindy Joe on Facebook for the crochet pattern.
- Scooby Doo - "I made this hat for a gal who is in the hospital dealing with anorexia." Lisa used this crochet hat pattern as a base and added the Scooby details herself!
Lisa tells us, "I learned to crochet in high school-- but then hadn't done much in years-- picked it up again about 3 years ago."
Here's what Lisa has to say about crochet, "I love the creative process and the joy of the finished product. Crocheting is also relaxing. Love it!"
Vote for Lisa's entries - VOTE REST and VOTE STYLE!
Lisa Hudson's project entries are:
- Nativity Set - "This was a great stash busting project! It even got my husband involved - he made the stable for me." This is a MADE BY MARY (prize sponsor) crochet pattern!
- Colors of Autumn Blanket - "I love Fall Colors! We were on a trip in the mountains around Crested Butte, CO when I started this afghan. So inspiring!" It is a crochet pattern by Crafting Friends Designs.
- Dixie Charm Shawl - "I knew my sister would love this one. The sparkle in the yarn makes it perfect for wearing to a wedding or just a night out." It is a crochet pattern by ELK Studio.
Lisa has been crocheting for 22 years. Her mother and grandmother taught her to crochet.
This is what Lisa loves about crochet, "I find it very relaxing. I LOVE creating things and seeing the final product. It just makes me smile."
Vote for Lisa's entries - VOTE REST, VOTE STYLE and VOTE TOY!
- Fairy Paradise - "I love fairies and had this idea of a fairy garden in my mind and it turned out so much better than I imagined. The base is a wooden circle. The house has a hard plastic cup base which I cut a door out of to be able to open and close. The inside of the log is a hard wooden tube. Other items added are felt, buttons, aquarium pebbles and a butterfly." NO PATTERN.
- Fruit and Veg - "These came about from a childcare worker asking if they could be made and from that more orders came in and packs were made up." No pattern available, but there may be patterns for these in future.
Lisa has been crocheting for about 4 years. Her Nanna tried to teach her as a young girl but she just couldn't get it. So when she was 35ish, she taught herself via youtube.
Lisa loves crochet because, "I can 'mold' it so much more easily than knitting."
Vote for Lisa's entries - VOTE STYLE and VOTE TOY!
- Power of Love Afghan - "I was lucky enough to help test this pattern for the designer and absolutely love the result! I managed to make it from yarn I had in my stash, other than about one small skein of each color." It is a crochet pattern by Designs by Muggins.
- Nativity Set - "Finished just in time for the Christmas season! And inspired at least two more people to go buy the patterns because they love it so much :-) " This is a MADE BY MARY (prize sponsor) crochet pattern!
- Reyna the Christmas Reindeer - "I've always loved mooses and have so many stuffed ones around the house (and even a pair of earrings!), that when I saw this pattern I couldn't help but jump at the chance to make it." This is a MELISSA'S CROCHET PATTERNS (prize sponsor) crochet pattern!
Lora has been crocheting for two and a half years.
She loves crochet because, "Relaxing and fun to watch things come to life from a skein of yarn."
Vote for Lora's entries - VOTE REST and VOTE TOY!
- Square 1 of Charlottes Dream - "I am 6 months pregnant- I was certain I was having a girl. I wanted to name her Charlotte. Two days after finding out we were having a boy, Charlottes Dream was released. I am making it for my future Charlotte." It is a crochet pattern by Look At What I Made.
- Robot - "My son needed a robot prop for school. I whipped this up in a few days. So he had his prop, and he also likes Bender, so win win. He wanted the robot to be rich and "gangster", hence the gold and cane." It is a crochet pattern by Soph Stitch.
- Sailor Baby - "My friend had just had a baby boy. Her husband was a marine, so I was thinking "sailor". Being new to crochet, I didn't know how to follow patterns. I watched a few YouTube videos for some pieces to get an idea of what I was doing. I asked for advice from veteran crocheters. And this was my final product. She loved it!" NO PATTERN.
Lousie has been crocheting for about a year and a half.
She confesses, "I love puzzles. To me, crocheting (esp with patterns) is like solving a puzzle. It's relaxing and fulfilling."
Vote for Louise's entries - VOTE REST, VOTE STYLE and VOTE TOY!
- Virus Shawl - "I used redheart unforgettable, I made for my daughter-in-law." It is a crochet pattern byWoolpedia.
- Bulbasaur Hat - "I used multiple yarns, and made it for my stepson." It is a crochet pattern by Toqua's Crafts.
- Marill - "I used multiple yarns, and made it for CrochetGo players to find." It is a crochet pattern by Sabrina's Crochet.
Luci was in 6th grade and roughly 11 or 12, when she started crocheting. She has been crocheting for over 30 years.
She tells us, "I love to create something from nothing."
Vote for Luci's entries - VOTE STYLE and VOTE TOY!
- Milla Pink, the Big Head Doll - "I was looking for a quick project to do and I had seen these type of dolls pop up a lot on my Instagram feed. I love how the doll allows you to get as creative as you want with the accessories and clothes." It is a crochet pattern by Handcraft Studio.
- Catwoman Doll - "This doll was inspired by the Sweater Superladies drawing done by my friend, Hanie Mohd. I can't draw to save my life, and I really love Hanie's sketches that I thought it would be fun to try to make amigurumi dolls based on her drawings." NO PATTERN.
Lydia has been crocheting since 2013.
She says, "I love crocheting because I find pure joy in turning a ball of yarn into amigurumi toys."
Vote for Lydia's entries - VOTE TOY!
- Minnie Mouse C2C Blanket - "This Blanket is for my oldest Granddaughter Sophie for Christmas, its one of 6 Blankets that I have done. I've never made a C2C Blanket before these, they were so much fun to do and a challenge at times. I found a Perler Bead Chart on the Internet which I loved so I wrote out each line of the chart so I wouldn't get lost and I could make any changes that I'd wanted, it took a lot of time but so worth it. It took me 20 days to make, using 5mm hook and Marvel Soft Yarn. I did end up frogging many rows as I wasn't happy with how it was looking, so I took out some of the Dark Grey in Minnie's Skirt, it made such a big difference to the look. Next came the ends. I HATE this job and it took me HOURS to sew them all in. I always say that I'll sew as I go but I never do then I kick myself. This Blanket was made with a lot of LOVE and I can't wait to see all of my Grandchildren's faces Christmas morning." It is a crochet graph pattern by Idee a Punto Croce.
- Siesta Sweater - "I made this Sweater for myself for 2 reason's 1; Summer was coming, I LOVE this design and I wanted something different from everyone else and 2; I was testing the pattern. I used a Homebrand yarn "Rosies" from "The Warehouse" it show's that you don't need to use expensive yarn to get a great look. I've NEVER liked green in any way but something told me to use this colour and I must admit I LOVE it. There's so many option's with this pattern and hardly any sewing which I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. Its finally warm enough to wear this sweater more and I can't wait!!!! I've had some really lovely comments about this Sweater." It is a crochet pattern by Two Brothers Blankets.
Lynette tells us, "My Grandmother taught me to Crochet when I was around 8-9 years old I think. I made a Granny Square Cushion for my other Grandmother as a gift and that was the only thing I made at the time. I picked it back up around 6 years ago after being inspired again while being my Mothers Support Person while she was having treatment for Breast Cancer. We spent 6 weeks sharing a house with a lovely couple Ray and Janice, (sadly Ray lost his battle with cancer a couple of months after finishing his treatment) Janice pulled out her hook and yarn when at "home" and I thought I can do that, so once we were home I googled how to crochet, then a "how to crochet" series came out at the book stores and the rest is history."
She shares with us, "I love to create, it still amazes me what you can make with just a hook and yarn. I LOVE the smiles when the person I have crocheted something for puts in on or plays with it, that is the only payment I would ever need in the perfect world. Crocheting is also a HUGE part of my Pain Management Plan too. I have a chronic Pain Condition CRPS and crocheting relaxes me, its my way of meditating really and without it, I wouldn't have much of a life at all. I do need to get up and have a walk around when I need to so I don't get too sore from sitting, but that's just routine now."
Vote for Lynette's entries - VOTE REST and VOTE STYLE!
My Treasures - "This is a kit I purchased to do it. I was inspired by the colors & flowers used." It is a crochet pattern by Jane Crowfoot.
Glaicer Ice Dream - "It is made out of #10 artiste thread using # 7 hook, I wanted to send something unique to my swap partner." NO PATTERN.
Pink Passion - "I was inspired by dolls with pony tails that I did not want to take them down. I made this one with #10 thread & # 7 hook." NO PATTERN.
MarieKay has been crocheting for 48+ years. She was 12 when she started.
What does MarieKay love to crochet? "Doilys & I love to design for my 11" Leeann doll!"
Vote for MarieKay's entries - VOTE REST and VOTE STYLE!
- Christmas Rebellion Part I - "In Germany, Christmas as well as Christmas trees are awfully laden with tradition. Last year I did not feel like another season full of traditional red-golden ornaments and decorations: I wanted bright and brilliant greens, pinks and blues. And as there wasn't that much around here in those shades, I made some baubles and stars myself." See her crochet pattern here.
Marjan says, "I've been doing crochet since I was a child, probably since I was 7 or 8 years old. There was a large gap/pause of nearly 19 years without any crochet (but plenty of cross-stitch) till I got reinfected in February 2014. It's been an obsession ever since!"
She also confesses, "Frankly said: I've been struggling with depression since 2013 and crochet is keeping me whole. Crochet helps me focus and slow down and it's pure pleasure. I love the pleasure, the silent pride and bone-deep satisfaction of creating things with my own hands, watching these things come about and grow and turn out into something I can hardly believe I made it myself."
Vote for Marjan's entry - VOTE STYLE!
- Christmas Graph-gahn - "This was my first graph pattern. I fell in love when I saw her finished piece and had to try it." It is a crochet pattern by Repeat Crafter Me.
Marji tells us, "I've barely been crocheting a year, I'm self taught using videos on you tube. I'm 42 years old. I have learned a lot this past year and am very proud of my progress."
She also says, "I suffer from severe anxiety and find that working on a crochet project keeps me somewhat calm."
Vote for Marji's entries - VOTE REST!
- Ballerina Anna - "I thought the big head baby dolls were cute. And this one is inspired and named after a friend's daughter. It was a gift for her." She used this crochet doll pattern as a base for her project and worked her own customizations for the doll's outfit and hair.
- Squirt the Turtle - "I took place in a CAL for the pattern, and wanted mine to look like the little turtle in Finding Nemo. So tried to get the colors as close as I could." It is a crochet pattern by One and Two Company.
Martha has been crocheting for about 7 years.
She says, "I love to create. And this is another way, for me to create."
Vote for Martha's entries - VOTE TOY!
- 4th Dr with Tardis - "This project is done with regular yarn and the Tardis is actually plastic canvas. I was asked if I could make him, and took the chance to try, besides loving Dr. Who myself." It is a crochet pattern by Kati Galusz.
- Centaur - "Centaur is done with regular yarn and wasn't ready for how big he really was when I started making him and was still learning faces I am pleased with him. I just love his face." It is a crochet pattern by Amilovesgurumi.
- Labyrinth Fire Dancer - "My Fire dancer was a gift to my friend a big fan of the movie (myself to) but was so happy when I found this pattern. Took a bit with all the looping in it but I am happy." It is a crochet pattern by Anita George.
Martha has been crochet 15+ and knitting 2-4, and only recently got into plushies.
She says, "I find crochet relaxing and it gives me something to do. I am disabled so I really got into more after that to have something to keep my mind for going nuts. Started with the cloths I do other crafts as well at first only could do the squares. Oddly after teaching myself knitting was I able to actually able to read crochet patterns and do those. for the longest time they made no sense to me. I stick with plushie don't really go into clothes or mittens and scarves (might make a wrister or scarf here or there) do make dish cloth but funky versions. I like things that keep me on my toes and how they come out."
Vote for Martha's entries - VOTE TOY!
- Big Button Slippers - "I designed these because I wanted something modern looking. I use red heart yarn/ I also make and paint the buttons." She can write a pattern if there is much interest.
Mary has been crocheting for about 30 years. She started crocheting when she was a young mother for her children.
She loves crocheting because, "Its so easy and fun and quick."
Vote for Mary's entry - VOTE STYLE!
- Foxy Blanket - "I loved making it, it was my first graphghan and got me hooked!! I made it for my sister’s birthday and she loved it too." It is a crohet pattern by Crochet Infinity.
- Dad’s Jane Hat - "This is a hat I made for my dad based on “Jane’s Hat” from the Firefly series. It’s one of our favorite shows and movies, so he wanted the hat. I had a hard time finding a crochet pattern so took a leap and made it up as I went along." NO PATTERN.
- Kordell’s Skully Santa Hat - "This is a hat I made for a dear friends Grandson, who is dear to me, last Christmas. I used red heart super saver yarn and he loved it!!!" It is a crochet pattern by Spider Mambo.
Melanie has been crocheting for 27 since she was 10, and started by her mom showing her how to join squares she had made.
She says, "I love creating a beautiful, lasting, loved item out of a simple, straight string. When I’m done, I’m in awe everytime that 'I made that.'”
Vote for Melanie's entries - VOTE REST and VOTE STYLE!
- Pencil Scarves - "I made these as teacher gifts." It is a crochet pattern on Crochetville.
- Venturian Tales Inspired Blanket - "My Granddaughter asked me to make a blanket for her, this is what I came up with." NO PATTERN.
- Cowl and Headwrap - "I made these for my daughter for Christmas. I couldn’t find a pattern I liked so I just made my own." NO PATTERN.
Melinda has been crocheting off an on for 36 years.
She says, "I love making things for people."
Vote for Melinda's entries - VOTE REST and VOTE STYLE!
- Hometown Santa Scarf - "Holiday season with some soft white and red yarn Hometown USA I had and needed something to make with it." See her crochet pattern here.
Mkay's sister started trying to teach her to crochet, when she was 14yrs old.
When asked why she loves to crochet, she said, "Seeing what I create is great therapy and makes me feel closer to my sister."
Vote for Mkay's entry - VOTE STYLE!
MRH Creations - "My dream catchers are made with solar LED rope lights and hoola-hoops, (for durability, in hanging outside) but a plug-in version can also be custom ordered. These are made with Raffia (rayon), wooden beads, and ribbon." NO PATTERN.
My Big, Beautiful, Chunky, Color Block Cable-ghan - "I just sort of threw this one together, following tutorials on Youtube, for practice with the blanket yarn. I did use Mikey’s (Crochet Crowd) pattern: track cable, for one of the squares."
Footprint Rug - "I made this rug this summer. It is made from T-shirts." NO PATTERN.
Mona has been crocheting since she was 14, rougly 32 years.
Mona confesses, "I joke around with my Partner that “I crochet so I don’t untangle” but it’s actually true. I became disabled 6 years ago, and if I hadn’t had it to fall back on, I don’t think I would still be here. I have tried other things, and I can knit as well as sew, but crochet is really my ‘reach for’ craft, it’s just so very versatile and it has become like an old friend to me."
Vote for Mona's entries - VOTE REST and VOTE STYLE!
- Christmas Doll Outfit - "After passing down my daughters doll to her little girl, who promptly fell in love with the doll, I agreed to design a few outfits for the doll... This is the first." NO PATTERN.
- The Shawl That Wasn't - "I made this for my daughter, but she was like 'yeeeew...' So, I kept it." NO PATTERN.
- Santa Scarf - "This was made for my grandson, whose mama hated it." It is a crochet pattern by Sheepishly Sharing.
Nell has less than 1 year experience crocheting, and she loves it because, "It is relaxing."
Vote for Nell's entries - VOTE STYLE!
Personally, I am really amazing by all of these fantastic projects and I just want to wish each contestant the very best in advance. Your work is so inspiring to see and I am truly honoured that you chose to participate in my second Fall into Christmas Crochet Contest with me this year.
Do you have a crochet story? Share with us below!
REMEMBER to check in every day from December 5th-19th, 2016 to CAST YOUR VOTES!!!
AND, be sure to checkout MORE contestants, who submitted projects this year here:
PART 1 (Names A-C) | PART 2 (Names D-K) | PART 4 (Names P-W)
Help your favourite contestants have a very Merry Christmas this year...
VOTE for your FAVES!