There are several reasons why this will come in handy for me...
- Easy reference to colour codes. So, if hubby is going to pick up some yarn for me, I can tell him the colour code number with certainty, or if I am in the shop, I can just let them know the number and they can pull it out for me (here all the thread is behind a counter, you can't pick it up off a shelf, though one place usually lets be go behind the counter when I need to pick lots of colours).
- Easy visualization tool. Makes it easier to think about colours I will use for a project if I can see them all together.
- Small and easily portable. Makes organizing colours for custom orders easier. Plus, I can carry it in my bag with me wherever I go.
Presently, I have 28 colours on my ring, and as I buy new thread colours, I'll make new swatches, and add them onto this one. These are basically all the colours I have ever used. There are of course some extra colours that I have used, but I don't know the colour code, or it is not the same brand, so they are not on the ring.
- For the swatches, I chained 8, then did alternating rows of sc7 and dc7 for a total of 5 rows.
- For the colour code numbers, I cut small pieces of card stock, poked a hole in the top center, and wrote the number below.
- Then, I just arranged the swatches followed by their colour code card onto a thing-a-ma-bob (I can't recall its name), so that it looked like a rainbow, and closed the ring.
Do you make swatches, or something similar to this too? I would love to see it! Feel free to share with me on Facebook...