Both are such beautiful people, and I was pleasantly surprised to learn that we have even more things in common besides crochet. I share 5 random things with Sedie and 3 with Lorene, which I think is pretty cool.
I thought both of theirs were brilliant, and that you all would like to know a little bit more behind the face of Rebeckah's Treasures. So, here's 10 random things you may not know about me...
2) I am the oldest of 9... 3 sisters and 5 brothers. I grew up with all of my sisters and 2 of my brothers as we lived with our mum. My youngest brother passed in infancy, and my other 2 brothers live with our dad.
3) I am Canadian/Norwegian, but I was born in Sweden. Both my parents are Canadian, but my father is also Norwegian, so I have both nationalities from my parents. Before I was born my parents were living and working in Sweden. So, two of my siblings and I were born there.
4) I love flip flops! They are super comfy, and perfect for everyday wear since it is too warm to wear regular shoes. Plus, it is not ideal to go barefoot here since the floors and grounds are always dirty even if you just cleaned them, and who wants to have black feet? Nope... me either.
5) I am never without a glass of water. As far back as I can remember, I have always loved drinking water. It is so sweet, quenching and refreshing. I am constantly sipping water throughout the day, and I even have it nearby when I am sleeping just in case I wake up thirsty.
6) I am undergoing Doula certification, and I aspire to be a Midwife. Ever since my mum had midwifery care with my youngest brother, I knew I wanted to become a midwife. I have always loved babies and everything to do with motherhood, so it only seemed natural that I would be drawn to this particular profession. It has not been possible to get into midwifery just yet... However, a few years ago, my mum came across a site that talked about Doulas for birth, and we found an online school. I just need to find the time for one more birth to complete my certification.
9) I have a strong dislike for house chores, but I find doing laundry and mopping floors to be relaxing. I know that sounds really strange, but it is so true for me.
10) Tropical thunderstorms are awesome! I know... it sounds scary, but trust me it is not. I just love the pitter-patter of the rain, and the sound of the howling wind. Also, the rain really helps to cool things down for a nice change. It is the perfect time to curl up with all my blankies!
Now I would love to hear from you! What are some random tidbits about you? Do you relate to any parts of mine?