This simple pattern includes written instructions for crocheting a sea flower motif in three sizes, without or with one or five beads, giving you a total of 9 motifs.
- cotton thread size 10 (I use Circulo Clea), or other yarn of choosing, about 10m (great for using up scraps) - per motif - any colour
- 1.05mm hook, or hook to match yarn weight
- tapestry yarn needle
- 2mm seed beads, or bigger beads for alternate yarn weights – 1-5 per motif *Optional
- sewing needle to thread beads *Optional
Abbreviations: ~US Terminology Used~
ch - chain
f/o - fasten off
lp(s) - loop(s)
rnd - round
RS - right side
sc - single crochet
sl st - slip stitch
st(s) - stitch(es)
- Large: Thread + 1.05mm hook - ⅞“ (2.25 cm); Sport + 3.75mm hook - 1 ¾“ (4.5 cm).
- Small: Thread + 1.05mm hook - ¾“ (2 cm); Sport + 3.75mm hook - 1 ½“ (3.8 cm).
- Tiny: Thread + 1.05mm hook - ½“ (1 cm); Sport + 3.75mm hook - 1“ (3 cm).
TIP: These motifs can be crocheted in any yarn weight with any hook size and be added to many projects! Sizing will vary depending on your yarn, hook and tension.
TIP: f/o with a long tail to sew motif onto projects.
Sea Flower Motif Instructions:
This motif is crocheted in one round, which can be worked into a magic circle, or by chaining two and working the stitches into the 2nd ch from hook. *Side facing you = RS.
Optional – Work with Beads (all sizes):
If you would like to have 5 (five) beads on the motif, you’ll need to thread the beads onto the yarn first. Then, push one bead up to the last st as you make each sc of the repeat [...] instructions. Make sure you push the bead up to the top or the side facing you, so it is on the RS of the work.
If you would like to have one bead in the center, thread it onto your ending tail and sew it into place on the motif.
LARGE Sea Flower Motif:
rnd 1: [sc, ch 7, sl st into the v-ridge (like the 1st picot in this Moogly tutorial) of the last sc made like for a picot] x 5, sl st join to the first st, f/o. Weave in all ends.
If you've enjoyed this free crochet pattern, please spread the Love and share the Joy!
Tell me what you think! Leave me a comment below, give this pattern a rating and/or favourite this pattern on Ravelry...
Share them with me below, on Ravelry, or in one of my Crocheting Treasures groups!